Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quick Post - Medical Exam - January 17

My sweet Kaelie has turned into a "hold-me" baby, so this is going to be a quick post. I'll try to fill in more later.

Yesterday (January 17) we had the medical check-up and visa photo. It took Kaelie three tries to get a good visa photo, as she was more interested in touching the seat than looking at the camera.
We had a little scare at the medical exam yesterday. One of her chicken pox scabs had festered up, and the doctors said it looked like a new one. I was freaking out! Thank goodness for my sweet hubby David, whom I called after I rushed back to the hotel. His reassuring words really calmed me down. David suggested some triple antibiotic ointment and reminded me that if she was having a relapse, Kaelie would have more than one blister and a fever.

Thankfully, this morning, after the Neosporin, it is a little pink but no yellow pus! I think it might leave a scar but this one is on her stomach so it won't show.

Visa Photo Shop

Clinic

Temperature and measurements: 19 pounds and 28 inches!

Two doctors consult about the blister on Kaelie's tummy, while I try to stay calm and keep Kaelie calm as well. I was nearly in tears!

6 comments:

Linda said...

So happy no chicken pox's and she is ok... It would be frightening to be there alone and have that happe to you. Prayers that all remains well for your sweet baby.. Linda

Doreen said...

All ends well!!!! At least the mark is on her stomach. She's a real doll!!!!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Jen Talley said...

So sorry you had a scare. I know you just want to come home. Glad Kaelie is doing well. Aren't husbands the best?!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there- we are hearing news about your trip from all over- your Mom, your blog, and someone in Bonnie's office (what a small world!). We are glad everything is going well and can't to see y'all. Love, Uncle Ken and Aunt Marilee

Lori said...

So glad all is well! She's just beautiful, KK ....so proud of you! Hugs to you and Kaelie ...Lori**

Kris said...

You are bringing inspiration to those of us who are waiting...thanks for the posts. I am so happy Kaelie is ok, I'lll keep praying for a safe journey home for you.

Kris
LID 3/7/06 next?