Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Baby Steps Closer...

Hi Everybody....

It's been awhile since I posted...sorry...it's been hectic around here and also I've had some issues with blogger trying to get some pictures uploaded. Here's a few:

Our Stork! The Fed-Ex guy thought I was nuts when I tore out of the house to meet him, THEN asked him for a picture!

Shelby did the honors and dropped our acceptance package back via Fed-Ex! What a great big brother he is going to be!


Where are we now? We are waiting for our Travel Approval (TA) to come from the CCAA. We're also waiting for my China visa to come back from the travel agent. Once our TA gets here, then our agency will request an appointment from the US Consulate in Guangzhou. The purpose of this appointment is to process our immigration paperwork and to issue Kaelie's immigrant visa (i.e., permission for her to come to the United States).

Once the Consulate appointment is made, we will be making travel arrangements. We already know that I will be flying into Beijing for some sightseeing and also to get acclimated to the time change. Then, I will fly to Guangzhou for the remainder of the trip. Guangzhou is the provincial capital of Guangdong. The orphanage director and nannies will bring Kaelie from Yangxi to Guangzhou, and this is where we will first meet each other and get to know one another while we process the adoption and also work on the immigration paperwork.

I counted up, and there are only 5 more Saturdays until our tentative travel date. I am beyond excited! I'm looking forward to getting on that plane and starting this journey!

2 comments:

Doreen said...

YIPEE!!!!!!!! Hopefully it'll fly by.

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Unknown said...

I love these pics, so excited for you!!